Thank you for visiting our website on the Monbukagakusho (MEXT: Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology) Scholarship.
These instructions are for those wishing to apply for a scholarship recommended by a Japanese embassy or consulate general (“Embassy Recommendation”).
When you pass the preliminary selection examination to be held at the Japanese Embassy, please contact us and submit all the necessary documents for obtaining a “Letter of Acceptance” before the deadline fixed by Nihon University.
1. Please attend to the following 1.-8
- You will submit all the necessary documents as an e-mail attachment to the International Affairs Division, Nihon University.
- Annual application period runs from June 1 to August 24.
- Your future supervisor will be decided in the process of application and you are unable to directly contact the faculty before getting the final result.
- We will start handling your application after you have handed in all the necessary documents.
- A Letter of Acceptance will be issued only when the applied graduate school of Nihon University concludes that the graduate is able to write it for you.
- The procedure at the University requires around 1 month after the arrival of the documents.
- Receiving a Letter of Acceptance from Nihon University does not mean that you are formally admitted to Nihon University, since the final decision should be referred to the Monbukagakusho. You will hear the final result in February of the next year.
- Some supervisors require you to have proficiency in Japanese as a language for instruction.
2. Please submit the followings to the International Affairs Division, Nihon University at email@example.com by August 24,2018.
|(1) Application Forms(→a.-e,shown right) of the Government: Mext Scholarship you have submitted to the Embassy ( copy)||a)Application Form for Japanese Government
(MONBUKAGAKUSHO : MEXT SCHOLARSHIP)
b)Placement Preference Form(optional)
c)Field of Study and Research Program Plan
d)MONBUKAGAKUSHO:MEXT SCHOLARSHIP RECOMMENDATION FORM
e) Recommendation from the present employer (if currently employed)
f) Medical certificate on the prescribed form issued by the medical institution
g) Abstracts of theses
h) Photograph(s) showing applicant’s works of art or a recorded CD of musical performance (only for those majoring in fine arts or music)
|(2) Academic transcript of each academic year of the last university attended (issued by the university attended) ( copy )||with officially certified English or Japanese translation|
|(3) Graduation certificate or degree certificate of the last university attended (or an attested document certifying that the applicant will graduate from the school, where applicable) (copy)||with officially certified English or Japanese translation|
|(4) Certificate of the Preliminary Selection issued by the Japanese Embassy (copy)|
|(5) Copy of passport (if you have)||the page which shows your personal information and your face|
|(6) Certificate of your Japanese/English proficiency, such as EJU, JLPT, TOEIC, TOEFL, IELTS, etc.(if any)|
If you would like to mail them to us, please see:
4-8-24, Kudan-Minami, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan ZIP: 102-8275
Phone: 03-5275-8116 FAX: 03-5275-8315
We all hope that a lot of eager MEXT candidates will get the best learning place here in Nihon University to attain their goals.