Frequently Asked Questions

Where can I get the general information about study in Japan?

You can find the useful information from following websites;

-Japan Student Services Organization

What kinds of Colleges and Graduate Schools are there at Nihon University?

Nihon University has 16 Colleges and 21 Graduate Schools. For an outline profile of each College and Graduate School, please refer to the link below.

How many foreign students are enrolled at Nihon University and from which countries do they come?

Please refer to the link below.

Where can I obtain an application form?

You can submit your application through the Applicant Portal.Please refer to the following link for details(Japanese only):

What level of Japanese language ability is required?

Japanese Language Proficiency

Japanese is the main language used in lectures and research at Nihon University. International students enrolled at Nihon University are required to have four Japanese Language skills, reading, writing, speaking and listening. Japanese language ability is assessed in the entrance examination for Nihon University.
Generally, Japanese language proficiency required to understand lectures at a Japanese university and to live a civil life is equivalent to the N1 Level of the Japanese Language Proficiency Test (some 900 hours of study is necessary).
To efficiently acquire Japanese language proficiency, students may attend Japanese language schools in Japan and abroad. The Japanese language level can be measured by the Japanese Language Proficiency Test (conducted by JEES) and the Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students (EJU).
If you want to improve your Japanese language skills after enrollment, including academic Japanese, you may attend advanced and high-leveled private classes in the Japanese language course offered by Nihon University.

・List of Japanese Language Schools
(Association for the Promotion of Japanese Language Education)

・Japanese Language Proficiency Test

・Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students(EJU)

When and how should I pay the entrance examination fees?

The entrance examination fees should be paid by bank transfer prior to sending the application documents. Please pay via a bank teller’s window or ATM, or by online banking or similar service.

Be sure to make the transfer in the name of the applicant.

How may I contact my academic supervisor at the Graduate School?

Please contact the Graduate School you wish to enter directly. For certain Graduate Schools, it may be necessary to contact the academic supervisor or the representative in charge of your specialization prior to application.

Graduate Schools in Nihon University

Is it possible to take the entrance examinations without visiting Japan?

In most cases it is necessary to come to Japan, since the entrance examinations are generally held within the Nihon University campus.
However,For some College at Nihon University,there is no need to visit Japan, For more details, Please check the admission guide.

What is the Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students (EJU)?

“The Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students (EJU) is an examination used to evaluate whether international students who wish to study at the undergraduate level at universities or other such higher educational institutions in Japan possess the Japanese language skills and the basic academic abilities needed to study at those institutions.” (from the Japan Student Services Organization website)

The EJU is administered both in Japan and in various countries around the world, twice a year in June and November. For details regarding this examination, please refer to the homepage of the Japan Student Services Organization:

At Nihon University, the EJU is used by the some Colleges, Graduate Schools and Junior College Departments. Please check the admission guide for details.
Admission Guide