|Notes:||In regard to a scholarship recommended by the University (“University Recommendation”), we provide it only for students from our partner universities and we do not accept any applications
from individual applicants.
If you are a student from our partner universities and are interested in Japanese Government (MEXT) Recommendation Scholarship, please consult your advisor at your university.
If you are not a student from our partner universities, you cannot apply for a scholarship recommended by the University (“University Recommendation”) . We suggest you consider “Embassy Recommendation ”in this case.
Thank you for visiting our website on the Monbukagakusho (MEXT: Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology) Scholarship.
These instructions are for those wishing to apply for a scholarship recommended by a Japanese embassy or consulate general (“Embassy Recommendation”).
When you pass the preliminary selection examination to be held at the Japanese Embassy, please contact us and submit all the necessary documents for obtaining a “Letter of Acceptance” before the deadline fixed by Nihon University.
1. Please attend to the following 1.-8
- You will submit all the necessary documents as an e-mail attachment to the International Affairs Division, Nihon University.
- Application Period for 2022 runs from June 1 to August 27(JST).
- Your future supervisor will be decided in the process of application and you are unable to directly contact the faculty before getting the final result.
- We will start handling your application after you have handed in all the necessary documents.
- A Letter of Acceptance will be issued only when the applied graduate school of Nihon University concludes that the graduate is able to write it for you.
- The procedure at the University requires around 1 month after the arrival of the documents.
- Receiving a Letter of Acceptance from Nihon University does not mean that you are formally admitted to Nihon University, since the final decision should be referred to the Monbukagakusho. You will hear the final result in February of the next year.
- Some supervisors require you to have proficiency in Japanese as a language for instruction.
2. Please submit the followings to the International Affairs Division, Nihon University at email@example.com by August 27,2021(JST).
(a) Copy of a Passing Certificate of the First Screening issued by the Japanese diplomatic mission
(b) A set of copies of the following documents that have been stamped by the Japanese diplomatic mission and returned to the applicants.
- Application Form
- Field of Study and Research Plan
- Academic transcript for all academic year of university attended
- Certificate of graduation or degree certificate of the university attended
- Recommendation letter from the president/dean or the academic advisor at the current or last university attended
- Abstracts of theses (*Only if submitted to the Japanese diplomatic mission)
- Certificate of language proficiency (*Only if submitted to the Japanese diplomatic mission)
- Recommendation letter from the present employer (*Only if submitted to the Japanese diplomatic mission)
- Photograph(s) showing applicant’s own works of art or a digitally recorded media of musical
performance (*Only if submitted to the Japanese diplomatic mission)
*Do not submit “Placement Preference Application Form” and “Medical Certificate” to us.
*We will inquire to appropriate Graduate School from the information in your documents. Once the Graduate School decides to issue a letter of provisional acceptance, they allocate your supervisor (professor) and show it on the letter.
*If you request us to inquire any specific Graduate School or professor, let us know when you submit application documents to us.
*If you pass ASCOJA program, please attach a recommendation letter from ASCOJA as well and let us know when you submit application documents.
*You can contact up to a maximum of two universities at the same time. Do not contact more than two universities at the same time. If, however, you have received a rejection from one of the universities and thus they have been waiting for reply from less than two universities, then you can newly contact another university for request a letter of provisional acceptance.
*In case you cannot submit documents by e-mail, send the documents to the address below by courier mail.
International Affiairs Division, Nihon University.
4-8-24, Kudan-Minami, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102-8275 JAPAN
*We do not receive any applications which arrive after our application period.
We all hope that a lot of eager MEXT candidates will get the best learning place here in Nihon University to attain your goals.